UCLG ASPAC Job Vacancy: Administrative and Finance Officer Regional Office, Jakarta
Vacancy No: UCLG ASPAC-BMGF/010/V/2018
Post Title: Administrative and Finance Officer Regional Office
Duty Station: UCLG ASPAC Secretariat Jakarta
Duration: One (1) year, extendable
Date Posted: Wednesday, 9th May 2018
Closing Date: Monday, 21st May 2018 (Jakarta Time: 23:59)
UCLG ASPAC is the largest regional section of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), an amalgamation of International Union of Local Authorities (IULA), United Towns Organisation (UTO), and World Association of the Major Metropolises (METROPOLIS). UCLG was established on 1 January 2004 and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. Following this unification, UCLG ASPAC was established in Taipei on 14 April 2004, as the new entity of IULA ASPAC. UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia Pacific region.
UCLG ASPAC’s mission is to promote strong and effective democratic local self-government throughout the region/world by fostering unity and cooperation among members. To ensure the effective political representation of local government to the UN and other international communities. To be the worldwide source of key information on local government, learning, exchange, and capacity building to support democratic local governments and their associations. To promote economic, social, cultural, vocational and environmental development by enhancing the services to the citizens based on good governance. To promote race and gender equality, combating discrimination, promoting decentralised cooperation and international cooperation between local governments and their associations. To promote twinning and partnership between local governments and peoples.
UCLG ASPAC has recently received support from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to work with local governments and their associations to design and implement more effective policies to address one of the urban conundrums – sanitation. The Sanitation Project is aligned with Bill & Melinda Gates Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Program which recognises the severe impact of untreated waste on the locals’ health and the environment, particularly with the booming population in developing cities. Sanitation is a shared problem between developing countries in both social and geographical sense. Therefore, lesson-learning from other successful implementations of Fecal Sludge Management (FSM), Wastewater Policy and Institutional and Regulatory Framework is a central part of the project.
The goal of the project is that Local Governments and Local Governments Associations be able to design and implement robust and effective policies to address sanitation issues and develop sustainable financing strategies from municipal financing options, bilateral donors and development banks with specific objectives as follows:
- Two (2) Local Government Associations in Bangladesh and Nepal have improved national policy and strategy plan on sanitation including a focus on Faecal Sludge Management (FSM) and Non-Sewered Sanitation (NSS) system in line with SDG 6.
- Ten (10) municipalities in Bangladesh and Nepal implement urban sanitation policies, institutional and regulatory framework through leadership engagement to be able to provide safely managed sanitation services.
- Increased financing for sustainable safely managed sanitation by 25% (the source of additional funding are development banks, development partners and CSR) in 10 municipalities in Bangladesh and Nepal. CSR are included as source of financing to engage private sector involvement to contribute to community.
The Administrative and Finance Officer Regional Office (AFO RO) will be hired for 1 (one) year with possibility for an extension of up to 2 (two) years. She/he will be placed at UCLG ASPAC Secretariat Office in Jakarta.
The AFO RO is responsible for administering the “Municipalities Network Advocacy on Sanitation in South Asia” Project and its budget within UCLG ASPAC and providing assistance and support to Programme Division. She/he shall report to Project Manager and take day-to-day direction from the Project Manager and/or Secretary General.
Scope of Works/Key Duties
The Administrative and Finance Officer Regional Office will provide administration and financial management support to the project., with the following scope of works:
- To provide proactive, accurate, timely and high-quality administrative work to the existing programs/projects and to ensure proper filing of all assigned programme/projects in hard and soft copies.
- To provide comprehensive secretarial, administrative, financial administration and bookkeeping support to the Programme Division.
- To provide assistance in ensuring that the administrative requirements of the programme/projects are running in efficient and effective ways and adopt to changing and demanding circumstances.
- To provide assistance in maintaining the communication with the donor agencies and be responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the administrative requirement of the programs/projects in coordination with the Programme and other Divisions within UCLG ASPAC.
- To ensure smooth information flow on the programme/projects to other Divisions within UCLG ASPAC and relevant partners.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day administration and providing secretarial duties related with programme / projects.
- Be responsible for travel arrangements (ticket, hotel, visa, etc) related with programme/project’s visits and activities.
- Be responsible for logistical support related with programme/projects’ visits and activities (i.e catering, meeting venue, etc.
- Be responsible in maintaining and filing timesheet of program/project consultants or experts.
- Be responsible in maintaining, keeping records, and updating the filling for all programs/projects.
- Be responsible for dealing with program/project’s assets procurement and maintaining the assets’ record and contracts.
- Design, establish and maintain a central filing system for administration and ensure quick retrieval of files when needed.
- To assist the Project Manager and/or Programme/Project Staff in monitoring project budget and financial expenditures and their conformity to the work-plan, process payment and advance requests.
- To liaise with Finance and Administration Division to ensure that all bills related projects expenses are paid on a timely basis.
- To assist the Project Manager and/or Programme/Project Staff in preparing the evaluation, annual and/or all kinds of reports on the administrative matters.
- To perform other administrative tasks consistent with the overall scope for this post as directed by the Project Manager and/or the Secretary General.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and/or related fields;
- Minimum 5 (five) years of professional experience in financial administration, book keeping and office administration and working in a similar position in an NGO and/or an International Organization/ National Corporation;
- Have experience in accounting including auditing and reporting skills as well as skill in administration of project;
- Demonstrated knowledge of policy contexts and sustainability issues facing local governments, organisations and local communities;
- Demonstrated experience working with local governments, multi-donor agency and/or development partner;
- Has experience of working for, or in cooperation with, government institutions;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Other skills and competency:
- Demonstrates ability in project finance and administrative management;
- Has strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrates detail orientation, proactive attention to outcomes and expectations, and ability to understand and effectively use information and data;
- Has working experience in international cooperation development projects;
- Be willing to travel during the project’s implementation when required;
- Has ability to work in a team and individual.
S/he shall will be supervised by the Project Manager and supported by UCLG ASPAC Regional Office team and Administration and Finance Officers in Bangladesh and Nepal as well as Technical Partners in both countries.
How to apply
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag