The British Government Job Vacancy: Newton Fund Project Officer, Jakarta – Indonesian
NEWTON FUND PROJECT OFFICER (Deadline: 12 Jan 2018)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the UK’s Newton Fund programme which strives to build partnerships between research & innovation funders, organisations & institutes, as well as between individual researchers from UK & Indonesia. Known in Indonesia as the Newton UK-Indonesia Science & Technology Fund, the programme supports excellent scientific talent, joint research and innovation in health, food & energy security, environmental resilience, sustainable urbanisation and maritime with the aim of using science to support social & economic development of Indonesia.
Together with the team, the programme officer will have the opportunity to shape, manage and facilitate partnerships through a variety of activities.
- Programme Management: Oversee the implementation of established activities under the Newton Fund. This includes liaising with both UK and Indonesian Delivery Partners, maintaining relationships, offering support and facilitating further negotiations to agree activities in future years.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Ongoing monitoring of programme activities including gathering examples of impact, identifying and drafting case studies. Data gathering and analytical support to the Funds external evaluators where necessary. Tracking the programme spend profile against forecasts in order to identify areas of risk and opportunity.
- Reporting: Lead on the collation of all reporting material for the Fund in Indonesia, both qualitative and financial. This includes gathering together the relevant information, identifying examples of impact, progress and communicating fluently with UK stakeholders. Financial reporting includes the internal reporting of expenses, travel, subsistence and other costs incurred by the in country team.
- Communications: Lead on the development of communications for the Newton Fund including drafting blog posts, case studies of impact and newsletters. Respond to day to day communications such as promotions for open calls, guidance for prospective applicants and regular Fund enquiries. Provide updates for social media accounts.
- Event Planning and Management: Lead on the logistical coordination for Newton Fund events including high level planning meetings, partner visits and promotional events and workshops.
- Strategic Development: Support the Newton Fund Programme Manager with relevant information to feed into the strategic direction of the Fund in Indonesia. Contribute to in country strategic plans by identifying opportunities for collaboration and synergies amongst activities.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent written and spoken English enabling effective communications materials and coordination of activities with UK and local partners.
- 2-3 years work experience, preferably in a project management role.
- Experience in managing programme finances.
- Knowledge of the scientific research community in Indonesia.
- Experience of working with government bodies, agencies and ministries.
- A bachelor degree level qualification and understanding of the contribution that research and innovation can make to socio-economic growth.
- Good IT skills and proficiency in using standard office applications.
All applications must be received on or before 12 January 2018, 23:55 Jakarta Time. Please visit application portal CLICK HERE.
Lowongan Kerja ini diunggah oleh development
, lowongan embassy 2018,
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag