The Asia Foundation Job Vacancy: Program Officer Livelihood & Conservation SETAPAK – Jayapura, Papua & West Papua
Position Title: Program Officer Livelihood & Conservation SETAPAK
Location: Papua & West Papua (Indonesia)
Job Type and duration of contract: Full-Time, 1 year contract period
Closing Date: December 31, 2017
The Asia Foundation is implementing the SETAPAK (Selamatkan Hutan dan Lahan melalui Perbaikan Tata Kelola) program, a program on improving land and forest governance in Indonesia. This program is under second phase of SETAPAK will improve local and national governance of land and forest in order to contribute to national goal of promoting sustainable low-carbon economic growth and greenhouse gas emissions reduction in Indonesia.
However, The Asia Foundation is piloting a twelve-month period program that called “Improving Livelihoods and Conserving Forests in Papua and West Papua”. With supporting by Packard Foundation, this program will connect indigenous communities in Papua and West Papua provinces in Indonesia to innovative and sustainable conservation efforts. The Asia Foundation Indonesia will implement the project with experienced, local non-government organizations (NGOs) to facilitate indigenous communities in four districts to improve their livelihoods – particularly through improving their agriculture practices, adding values to agricultural produce, and expanding their markets – which is expected to reduce forest clearing and logging and, hence, promote conservation of natural resources in high value forests.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Officer for Papua and West Papua provides direct management and implementation of three components of the program – (1) better organized communities; (2) promotion of sustainable agriculture practices; and (3) improvement of value chains of the commodities. S/he is responsible for the day-to-day management of partner programs within these three components, in close cooperation with the other Program Officers within the unit and with the Program Director and Deputy Program Director of Environmental Governance. S/he is responsible for program development and conceptualization, implementation, and reporting, and will contribute to monitoring/evaluation in cooperation with the Program Director and Deputy Program Director. S/he will be based in Jayapura
- Regular contact and communicate with all SETAPAK team member and TAF’s Jakarta staffs
- Maintain and develop communication and coordination of Papua’s staff
- Support SETAPAK Program Director and Deputy Program Director
- Contact with other program and theme staff in the Foundation’s offices in the US and Asia.
- Develop and maintain contacts with other local and international NGOs working on environmental governance issues in Indonesia particularly in Papua and West Papua, ensure coordination, and raise the profile of the Foundation’s research activities..
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing donors and funding agencies particularly working in Papua and West Papua
- Develop working relationships with government agencies at Papua and West Papua provinces, and local levels. Assist in developing and maintaining good public relations especially with Papua and West Papua’s senior government officer. In particular, assist the Program Director and Deputy Program Director to develop and update local situation in Papua and West Papua
- Represent the Asia Foundation at conferences, events and donor coordination meetings as required. Public speaking and contributing to publications on our work may be required.
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT & ADMINISTRATION
- Contributing to day to day management of the Foundation’s SETAPAK program –including liaising and providing input to partners, developing themes for new programs, monitoring program implementation, reviewing all modules, books, or other items for publication, providing technical assistance where necessary by serving as facilitator, speaker, editor and such, for partner programs and products, and, along with the Program Director and Deputy Program Director, representing the programs to donors.
- Work with existing and prospective grantees to develop program activities; determine project feasibility; monitor and facilitate programs; obtain timely and useful reports; critically evaluate outcomes; review incoming proposals, manage proposal tracking system, and work with local organizations to refine proposals and program designs.
- Prepare proposal review forms, letters of agreement, budgets, and manage process of developing a program from proposal to issuance of Letter of Grant (LG) to monitoring and reporting on program to donors.
- Design and implement SETAPAK program work plans and contribute to the development and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation measures.
- Provide technical assistance as needed to local partners to develop work plans and M&E measures.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the research component of the program, including selection of topics for research, design of key studies, technical support and training to research partners, supervision of research activities, analytical and write-up phases, and dissemination activities.
- Actively utilize the research outputs to improve program implementation, both within the Foundation and with program partners at the national and local levels.
- Prepare, along with other SETAPAK team members, donor reports.
- Coordinate with other units as needed to facilitate cross-fertilization and internal networking.
- Provide annual and semi report highlights and other information on Foundation programs.
- Assist the Program Director and Deputy Program Director to manage all aspects of funding source financial management.
- Assist the Program Director and Deputy Program Director to manage annual program budget, spending processes, and internal grant administration.
- As a key member of program staff, participate in team meetings to contribute to ongoing program planning, problem-solving, and knowledge sharing.
- Contribute to the dissemination of program activities and research results.
- Monitor important social, political and economic developments in-country.
- Understand and comply with requirements placed on the Foundation by our donors.
- Respond to periodic requests from the Foundation’s San Francisco or Washington offices for program updates or examples of program impact.
- Other relevant tasks as required.
- Minimum of eight years’ work experience designing and implementing international development programs, with a strong background or specialization in livelihood, conservation and environment governance issues;
- Experience in managing the livelihood and conservation program in Papua and West Papua
- Experience in project management and strategic grant-making;
- Experience in developing and conducting training programs or capacity building programs
- Knowledge of and experience with Indonesian government system and agencies particularly in Papua and West Papua;
- Understanding of international or government funding agencies especially working in Papua and West Papua;
- Strong experience in livelihood on forestry sector is preferred.
Advanced degree in public policy, social sciences (international relations, political science, gender, sociology), development studies, environmental sciences or law.
- Interest in the political-economy dimensions of environmental governance in Indonesia;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Bahasa Indonesia; Local language (Papua/West Papua) is preferred.
- Strong written and analytical skills;
- Competency with standard word processing and spreadsheet programs;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to maintain good relations with NGOs, government, donors, and colleagues;
- Professional organizational abilities;
- Good public speaker;
- Willingness to travel to remote regions across Indonesia and Papua-West Papua districts.
Please send your letter of Interest (motivation letter) and CV to The Asia Foundation by e-mail to [email protected] by December 31, 2017 at 17.00 pm. Please write “PO PWP – SETAPAK” on the Subject of the e-mail. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Lowongan Kerja ini diunggah oleh advocacy
, program officer
, rekrutmen timika 2018, kerja ngo jayapura april 2018, lowongan kerja pt fif manokwari, lowongan fasilitator di papua, lowongan lng tangguh 2018, info loker jayapura bulan maret 2018, info loker jayapura terbaru bukan april, loker fasilitator bsps, loker Lsm kota jayapura, loker pu manokwari,
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag