The Asia Foundation Job Consultant: Let’s Read Marketing Coordinator, Jakarta
Position Title: Let’s Read! Marketing Coordinator Books for Asia (BFA) Project – Indonesia
Location: Jakarta (Indonesia Office)
Job Type and duration of contract: Consultant Contract : 12 (twelve) months, Number of days; up to 15 days per months
Closing Date Advertisement Date: January 15, 2018
In the archipelago of Indonesia, especially among remote and underserved communities, quality children’s books are rare commodities. Limited access to early-grade content is a barrier to literacy, academic success, and fostering a lifelong love of reading among children. The Asia Foundation’s Books for Asia program is working to remove that barrier through the Let’s Read! project.
Let’s Read! is a breakthrough initiative that makes high-quality books available to children anytime, anywhere in languages they use at home and schools. Our innovative digital platform and easy-to-use tools empower communities to effectively, efficiently and inclusively create and access their own libraries in their own languages. Let’s Read! enables more children to experience the joy of reading, particularly those impacted by poverty, civil conflict or gender discrimination.
The project features an innovative translation tool that “crowd sources” translations from community members and empowers citizens to expand local content digital libraries. This is particularly vital for Indonesia, a country of more than 700 diverse languages. Speakers of minority languages face challenges gaining access to children’s books in their mother tongue, which in turn makes it difficult for their children to succeed in school, where Bahasa Indonesia is the language of instruction. The first step toward making books available in minority languages is making them available in Bahasa Indonesia.
Scope of Work
Collaborate with US and Indonesia-based staff to expand the Let’s Read! digital initiative in Indonesia. This includes developing a multi-channel marketing and outreach plan; executing all phases of the marketing plan, from conception through content creation, implementation, and data gathering and analysis; identifying partners for content and outreach; and identifying and facilitating fund-raising opportunities
Tasks and Deliverables
- Conduct research and assemble report with recommendations on marketing and outreach channels that would be most effective for achieving the project’s outreach, brand- extension, user-growth, and fund-raising objectives.
- Deliver results of research and recommendations to BFA and TAF ID (by Feb 28)
- Establish social media monitoring strategy
- Source, create, and curate content with which to populate chosen social media channel(s), assuming:
- 2-3 pieces of original content per week
- 8-10 pieces of shared/curated content per week
- Maintain continual, responsive presence on social media channel(s),
- Identify and directly engage at least 25 social influencers, resulting in at least 10 new brand champions
- Establish Let’s Read! as a vital and active contributor to relevant online conversations by identifying at least 50 social media communities to join and participating in relevant conversations via original content (3/week) or other engagements, such as likes, retweets, etc. (15/week)
- Assemble and curate email outreach contact list and content with which to populate email blasts, assuming:
- 1 email per week
- 1 quarterly newsletter
- Draft and send weekly email blasts and quarterly newsletters
- Conduct keyword research and execute at least 1 pay-per-click / search engine marketing PPC/SEM ad per quarter, supplying analytics reports upon completion
- Conduct keyword research and execute at least 1 social ad campaign per quarter, supplying analytics reports upon completion
- Produce weekly engagement reports from native social media analytics tools and preferred social media management software, such as Hootsuite.
- Participate in regular marketing meetings with BFA and TAF ID staff
- Identify 100 websites to target for inbound links; establish inbound links on 50 websites
- Identify traditional marketing opportunities and needs across target communities, and collaborate with BFA and TAF ID staff to design and disseminate materials that meet those needs
- Identify and participate in the securing of local fund-raising projects
- Minimum Bachelor Degree, preferably majoring in marketing or communication
- Minimum of two years progressively responsible experience in an international development environment.
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia & English (verbal & written)
- Passionate about education and literacy, especially for improving access to children’s reading books/material in Indonesia
- Is able to work independently and in a group with the agility to liaise with people from different backgrounds
- Is driven and is able to work under pressure and with changing situations
- Knowledge of communications strategy.
- Experience in report and journalism writing.
- Broad network within communications organization, photography and writers.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills preferred.
- Attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and organized work practices an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your letter of Interest (motivation letter) and CV to The Asia Foundation by e-mail to email@example.com by January 15, 2018 at 17.00 pm. Please write “Let’s Read – Marketing Coordinator” on the Subject of the e-mail. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Lowongan Kerja ini diunggah oleh advocacy
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag