SFCG Indonesia Job Vacancy: Finance Officer, Jakarta – Indonesian
We are Searchers.
We are over 600 strong worldwide. We believe in our mission to end violent conflict.
It’s our purpose- our call to action.
A Searcher understands our vision of a world where:
- Differences stimulate social progress, rather than precipitate violence
- Respect for and cooperation with those we disagree with is considered the norm
A Searcher is a dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate individual, committed to our values.
- Shared Humanity. Empathy. Impartiality. Inclusivity. Courage. Hope. Humility. Audacity.
- With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
- Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international conflict transformation NGO with a mission to transform the way the world deals with conflict away from adversarial approaches towards collaborative solutions.
- SFCG has been working in Indonesia since 2002. As a diverse country, Indonesia has the challenge of managing peace and tolerance within the community. SFCG with the local partner support the process of building peace culture through media, dialogue, outreach, and capacity strengthening.
- SFCG-Indonesia works primarily with teachers, students, youth, governmental bodies, religious leaders and groups, and general community in Indonesia to promote peace and tolerance to end violent conflict in Indonesia.
We are searching for…
- The Finance Officer who will work under the supervision of the Finance Manager to ensure our financial management and reporting is running well in a timely manner to comply with all donor requirements and Search standards.
Management of grants, budgets, and spending:
- Create and manage an operational budget for the program
- Manage the various grants to ensure accurate spending while tracking expenditures and variances
- Monitor funds, ensuring that up to date records of expenditures are kept and that they comply with budget allocations and donor requirements
- Interpret financial information for non-finance staff to ensure program activities and procurement reflect available budget
Supervise accurate accounting and reporting:
- Monitor account payables/receivables and provide monthly feedback
- Assist in submission of accurate and timely monthly financial reports to headquarters, ensuring the HQ ledger matches Search Indonesia data
- Review donor financial reports timely and accurately and maintain correspondence with donors and HQ on financial matters
- Review and provide input for all kind of contracts, initiate and fulfill payments, and assume responsibility for creditors and debtors
- Ensure Search Indonesia has a smooth functioning and efficient Finance Department.
Audit and compliance of SFCG Indonesia:
- Ensure Search and its partners have practices and policies that support easy audits
- Facilitate timely audit and responses to auditors, both local and at headquarters
- Maintain country office cash management, maintenance of optimal bank balance, bank reconciliation, monitoring currency gain/loss, and draft correspondence with bank
- Monitor funds to ensure availability for disbursements
- Ensure timely reconciliation of bank accounts, advances, and partner accounts
- Maintain correspondence with local bank and donors for operational matters
You meet the following qualifications if:
- Experience managing grants from the European Union, USAID and other major donors.
- Strong ‘set up’ and execution skills.
- Highly organized and systematic with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Team-player and positive personality, able to bring people together across dividing lines.
- Proactive and ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify and solve problems on an immediate basis.
- Computer literacy proficiency, including solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiar with PPH 21, 23 and other related employment taxes.
- Builds strong relationships with partners, focusing on impact and results, and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Professional Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience at the national or international NGOs in financial resources management;
- Strong leadership and management skills – Previous experience in managing staff ;
- Experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and working skills, enjoy a multicultural work environment;
Sound good? To apply, interested candidates should:
- Submit a motivation letter explaining why he/she is the best fit for the position and resume/CV.
- Minimum salary requirements (or current salary).
- Projected start date,
- Where you found this posting.
This position will close on January 20, 2018. Please submit your application document to [email protected].
We are looking to fill this position with the right candidate.
Lowongan Kerja ini diunggah oleh count
, program officer
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag