Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs Job Vacancy: National Program Officer of Data Utilization, Jakarta
The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (JHCCP), a not-for-profit human development organization, combines the science and art of strategic communication to help people around the world make better choice for themselves, their families and their communities. Based in Baltimore, MD, USA, Johns Hopkins University is one of the largest Medical and Public Health schools in the United States.
Johns Hopkins University established CCP over 25 years ago to consolidate several health communication programs and focus attention on the central role of communication in health behavior change. CCP is a part of Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health within the Department of Health, Behavior and Society. The mission of CCP is to use its core strengths —strategic behavior change, knowledge management, advocacy, capacity building and research and evaluation— to achieve these goals. We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of National Program Officer of Data Utilization in Jakarta.
The Rapidly Expand Access to FP in Selected Districts in Indonesia (“My Choice”) project funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is designed to contribute to the Government of Indonesia’s family planning goal to increase the nation’s mCPR (modern Contraceptive Prevalence Rate) by addressing barriers to supply and demand issues and creating a consumer-driven environment where every woman can choose and access the right method given her life stage in 11 selected districts through three components: demand-generation initiative, facility readiness, and supply chain management.
In collaboration with BKKBN (The National Family Planning Coordinating Board), the project will use a blended learning approach that combines formal and informal capacity to strengthen its capacity to lead Indonesia’s FP agenda to ensure that BKKBN can continue the important work of the project after it is completed.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
- Develop a comprehensive data utilization system for decision making that:
- Identifies all of the relevant indicators needed
- Defines what the indicators are and the sources where the data comes from;
- Identifies the time period of each data collection (monthly, quarterly, etc.);
- Identifies how the data is integrated as unified data management
- Improving the existing tools and strategies for data integration, analysis and reporting
- Coordinate with the leads from each component of My Choice to understand the indicators from each components used to monitor, and the data that the component collects. Work with the components to understand which indicators are the most relevant to track for the data management. Assist in coordinating across the available components of the project to ensure effective implementation of data management system
- Liaise the government as counterpart and also provide technical assistance for the implementation
- Provide training and mentoring for counterpart to implement the tool and analyze data for decision making
- Bachelor or master’s degree in relevant discipline, preferably in public health or social science and a minimum of 5 years of experience on funded development program in an analytical, research or M&E role
- Experience in conducting monitoring and evaluation on development programs, including using M&E data collection tools, data management and analysis;
- Experience analyzing data and use this information to make decisions on how to adapt and improve program approaches to achieve desired program objectives
Interested candidates may submit CV/resume and application letter to [email protected] by Wednesday – January 3, 2018.
Please notify the position applied in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Lowongan Kerja ini diunggah oleh bachelor
, program officer
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag