ICRC Job Vacancy: Program Manager for Cooperation with Police, Jakarta
The ICRC Regional Delegation in Jakarta seek to fill the following position:
PROGRAM MANAGER FOR COOPERATION WITH POLICE, 100%
- Assists the Regional Delegate for Cooperation with the Police (PGE Delegate) in implementing the programs with the National Police in Indonesian and Timor-Leste, including planning, carrying out, assessing and following up activities.
- S/he maintains contact with authorities, mainly police bodies but not only, at various levels, and participates in meetings with different contacts, in a leading or supporting role.
- Assists the PGE Delegate and delegation in understanding all operating or dormant police structures; to this end, monitors the political and security situation and specific groups/players and regularly updates mapping of police related issues.
- Supports the PGE Delegate in drafting the PGE Strategy and integrating it in the annual planning exercise, in compliance with the delegation’s main operational priorities and strategy.
- Prepares, conducts, assesses and follows up dissemination activities with the police forces on International Humanitarian Law (IHL), International Human Rights Law (IHRL) and ICRC activities; this includes organizing and preparing dissemination materials and reporting.
- Maintains and updates the stock of different ICRC publications needed for police activities.
- Represents the PGE Delegate in his/her absence.
- Contributes to developing and consolidating the ICRC’s network of contacts within the police forces.
- Contributes to providing police-related advice to the delegation on security matters, including ongoing police operations (if relevant).
- Supports the delegation in police-related matters, at his/her level of expertise.
Requirements and Experience
- Preferably Master’s degree majoring in International Law, Human Rights, International Relations or other relevant field with experience in International Organization, NGO or Human Rights body.
- Bachelor’s degree from similar background and with similar experiences are encouraged to apply.
- Previous experiences in working with military or police is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must.
- Proven capacity to work independently.
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a unique humanitarian institution in an international environment and also:
- Initial training and on-boarding
- A competitive salary with benefits
Starting date: March 2018
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, by email only to: [email protected].
Deadline for applications: 18 February 2018
(Only short-listed candidates will be contacted)
Lowongan Kerja ini diunggah oleh assists
, red cross
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag