Global Green Growth Institute Job Consultant: Advocacy Gender, Jakarta – Indonesian
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a treaty-based international, inter-governmental organization dedicated to supporting and promoting strong, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in developing countries and emerging economies. GGGI’s role and objective in Indonesia is to assist the Government of Indonesia in delivering green growth by driving investment and designing green projects with social, environmental and economic benefits for the people of Indonesia.
GGGI Indonesia is looking for a Gender Consultant to support the National Designated Authority (NDA) in Indonesia. The consultant will be responsible in ensuring that gender equality concerns are well identified and addressed in the overall process and activities under the NDA in compliance with the GoI’s gender policies (such as the Presidential Instruction No 9/2000 on Gender Mainstreaming in development as well as relevant ministerial decrees) and the Green Climate Fund’s gender manual/guideline.
The consultant will contribute to the achievements of the work targets in accordance to approved readiness and preparatory support proposal and will ensure consistent quality across those deliverables. The position will have a strong focus on enhancement of the NDA procedures and policies, review of GCF proposals and multi stakeholders engagement.
In performing his/her tasks, the Gender Consultant will work closely with focal points in the NDA, the existing national gender task force of the Ministry of Finance, the Readiness Project Team, and GGGI Safeguard and Sustainability Team.
Candidates applying for this position must be willing to work in the NDA’s office and possible travels to provinces is foreseen.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Consultant will be responsible for the following tasks and duties:
- Perform technical backstop in mainstreaming gender equality and social inclusion in the overall NDA policies, procedures, programs and practices;
- Perform the Quality Assurance (Q/A) on the gender components of incoming program/project proposals from relevant entities in country submitted to the NDA;
- Conduct gap analysis against the GCF gender manuals and develop the NDA/DAEs gender action plan, in alignment with GoI’s relevant policies and legal framework on gender and development (such as among others, the Presidential Instruction on Gender Mainstreaming in Development, the joint ministerial decrees on Gender Responsive Planning and Budgeting, and other relevant sectoral gender and development legal frameworks);
- Develop capacity of the NDA and relevant stakeholders on the aforementioned locally adapted the GCF Gender Manuals and Gender Action Plan.
- Establish annual participatory review mechanism and organize two forums of annual participatory review;
- Ensure participation of project affected-people and communities, women and civil societies in the “annual participatory review” forum and mechanism;
- Organise capacity building workshop for climate change topic in the “Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection” and the gender task forces of the relevant ministries
- Provide gender sensitisation for all relevant stakeholders involved in the NOL (and other) decision making processes and provide gender and social inclusion sensitisation for all relevant stakeholders involved in the NOL (and other) decision making processes;
- Provide technical support to the nominated candidate of Direct Access Entities (DAEs) to build individual and organizational capacity in gender inclusive climate change project development and management, as well as to design/upgrade, adopt and integrate policies in accordance with the GCF’s environmental and social safeguards (ESS), and gender policy;
- Monitor and maintain data base and track record on the adoption of gender equality concerns in the NDA’s policies, programs and practices, as well in the overall project cycles of the NDA approved projects at national and sub national level;
- Participate in the routine meetings of the NDA to ascertain that gender and development agenda are well addressed during the meetings;
- Contribute to mandatory reports of NDA/Delivery Partner to be submitted to GCF, particularly on the gender equality concerns as outlined in GCF gender manual.
The Consultant must have at least 10 years of professional experience in gender and development in Climate Change or related initiatives.
He or she must have the following qualifications:
- Masters degree or higher, in economics and development studies, anthropology, sociology, human ecology, or a related field;
- Familiarity with sustainable development, green economy, green growth, climate change and other related issues;
- Knowledge of policies and legal frameworks on the areas. Previous experience on safeguards is desirable;
- Previous experience working with Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection would be an advantage;
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written reports and other publications both in English and Bahasa Indonesia, previous writing examples might be requested;
- Experience in working in the area and other relevant area;
- Experience in managing and coordination with national counterparts, partners or donors;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and motivational skills and sensitivity to the local environment as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent in the usage of computers and office software packages.
To apply for the position, please click the link CLICK HERE
The deadline is 22 June 2018.
Lowongan Kerja ini diunggah oleh action
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag