Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition – Health Job Vacancy: District Coordinator, East Java
Job Title: District Coordinator
Work Location: Selected District in East Java
Type of Contract: Consultant
Travel required: 80%
Organization and Overall Purpose:
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is driven by the vision of a world without malnutrition. GAIN is a Swiss-based international organization with established with the purpose of advancing nutrition outcomes by improving the consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition. GAIN Indonesia has been operational in the country since 2012 and has received funding to continue and upscale its country programs at least until 2020.
Indonesia has a high burden of malnutrition in children and women, and improving the micronutrient status of the Indonesia population is a cornerstone of national socio-economic development in Indonesia. A new 3 year investment funded by the Dutch Government for increasing access to nutritious foods and micro nutrient supplements is expected to start in the latter half of 2018 in 9 districts in East Java. Building on the learnings from the Baduta 1 program in 2014-2017, GAIN will expand the program with the aim to change key nutrition related behaviors of pregnant women and feeding practices on children under two in East Java. GAIN Indonesia works closely with the Ministry of Health and stakeholders in government, academia, private sector and civil society, some of whom are grant recipients.
The District Officer will manage and conduct implementation of the Baduta 2.0 program in a selected district. The program consists of two main component activities: Behaviour Change Intervention through emo-demos at posyandu level and Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative at public and private maternal service facilities which is expected to cover at least 20% of total children under five years old in targeted districts. S/he will implement an agreed workplan in order to achieve goals of the Baduta 2 program so that overall program milestones and goals are met. S/he will report to Program Manager MIYCN (CF) based in Surabaya. Generaly s/he will contribute to increasing GAIN’s profile and reputation at district level.
Program Management and Coordination
- Develop program start up plans at district level in consultation with Program Manager and local government partners.
- Day to day implementation of the Baduta 2 program in district in East Java. Support the development of MOU with local government and ensure that GAIN’s approach and activity replicated in at least another 20% of district area by the end of the program.
- Contribute to the project strategy, communications and implementation of all project components including effective performance management of sub-contractors and technical consultants.
- Involved in the regular team meetings and implement decisions as agreed and report regularly to the. Program Manager/ Sr Program Manager about any development of the program.
- Coordinate with the Program Manager to mobilize and manage technical assistance and support to Program
- Provide insight for identification and drafting of Terms of Reference for plans, presentations and ad hoc requests for technical assistance.
- Provide input to Program Manager on identification and implementation of potential innovation of the program to increase the program outreach or increase institutional added value of GAIN Indonesia
- Conduct monitoring, recording and reporting as monitoring plan to ensure that program progress is on track and to design and implement risk mitigation plans if required.
Financial/Budget and Asset Management
- Ensure that the program implementation complies with GAIN financial management procedures and expenditure monitoring systems.
- Provide insight to Program Manager on program expenditure forecasts and ensure that expenditure stays within budget.
- Responsible for maintenance the asset provided by GAIN and admin assistant, independently coordinate with stakeholder/ EA to provide working station, meeting location etc.
Government Liaison/External Relations
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with government and other institutions involved in the program by ensuring appropriate representation of GAIN in particular at district, sub-district and village level. This should include regular contact to ensure they are fully and appropriately involved in the Program.
- Undertake all areas of responsibility in a professional manner and in a way that enhances the reputation of the Program and the reputation of GAIN.
- GAIN is also implementing a pilot program targeted to adolescent nutrition and another pilot aimed at reducing losses of nutritious foods. From time to time, the District Officer may be called upon to provide support for these programs.
- Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the Program Manager.
Key Organizational Relationships
- GAIN indonesia country team
- Finance, HR, colleagues
- Government, program partners and other key external stakeholders
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong experience in program implementation
- Ability to travel frequently
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject Application: District Coordinator – East Java before 28 January 2018.
Lowongan Kerja ini diunggah oleh baduta
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag