GIZ International – LCORE Project Job Vacancy: Technical Advisor, Jakarta
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is the German International Cooperation implementing sustainable development on behalf of the German Government.
GIZ has a record of more than 20 years of involvement in renewable energy (RE) in Indonesia. Starting from rural electrification and mini hydropower, the portfolio expanded to other renewable energies and larger grid connected systems such as biomass and photovoltaic.
GIZ in cooperation with the “Directorate General for New and Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation (DG NREEC)“ is presently implementing the project “Promotion of Least Cost Renewables in Indonesia”.
The project aims at the use of renewables in areas where they can be applied most cost efficiently.
We are currently looking for an:
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Initiate public and private sector stakeholder cooperation especially in the development and implementation of innovative pilot projects in solar PV;
- Provide technical support in the implementation of LCORE project activity, capacity development and private sector cooperation activities on subjects related to LCORE project objective and indicators;
- Lead the technical-side of RE policy consultations when required, especially on solar PV;
- Provide reporting of project results.
Management and Coordination
- Develop technical Terms of References (ToR) for external consultants
- Coordinate and supervise external consultants and other service providers in pursuance of stipulated deliverables and deadlines according to ToR
- Monitor project progress, assess and review technical reports and documents, determine bottlenecks and recommend alternative courses of management action to senior staff
- Conceptualize, prepare and implement workshops, trainings, study tours and other capacity building events on subjects that are related to the LCORE project’s key performance indicators
Pilot Project Assessment and Project Implementation
- Lead the technical and economic feasibility assessment of pilot projects in coordination with other Advisors and external consultants.
The tasks require
- Skills in technical evaluation of energy demand profiles (energy audits)
- Knowledge in electrical measurements / electrical installation
- Experience in design of on- and off-grid solar PV systems
- General understanding of grid-impact of variable RE systems, including power transmission, distribution and generator management
- Understanding of economic feasibility calculations in renewable energy and energy efficiency applications
- Conduct evaluation and monitoring of implemented pilot projects
- In charge for the development, supervision and monitoring of implemented RE pilot projects
- Ensure scaling up of projects jointly with stakeholders
Networking and cooperation
- Maintain and develop close contacts to the project counter partner DG NREEC
- Maintain and follow up close contacts with Indonesian private RE sector like technology providers, industries, project developers
- Develop and maintain contacts and foster dialogue with other national stakeholders such as NGOs, other ministries and relevant private stakeholders related to the RE sector
Other duties / additional tasks
- Stay abreast of developments in global and Indonesian approaches for RE
- Identify knowledge gap, develop training concept and implement capacity building activities in close collaboration with project counter partner DG NREEC, training providers, training institutions and other related international projects/program.
- Subject to discussions with the LCORE Principal Advisor. The advisor may be allocated for additional tasks and other duties for shorter periods.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Science orientated master’s degree in electricity engineering with good understanding of economic and technical aspects of renewable energies (especially Solar PV). Prior experience in energy planning is advantageous.
- At least 5 years of experience working in Solar PV projects
- Very good communication skills with national stakeholders and experience in working in an international organisation
- Focussed and proactive working attitude
- Interest and sufficient knowledge in major issues of renewable energy in Indonesia and international
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Very good knowledge of English, including writing capabilities, very good knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other programs, international offices, and partners
- Aware of social and intercultural sensitivities, flexible and possess a sense of diplomacy
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work products
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Availability to travel within Indonesia for short-term project visits
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expected to join: a.s.a.p
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor of LCORE
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to [email protected]. The closing date to submit the application letter is on January 12th, 2018.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: LCORE – Tech Advisor
Please name your file as follow format: [Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV orNakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Lowongan Kerja ini diunggah oleh education
, conservation energy vacancy jakarta 2018,
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag