Communications, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Specialist
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
DAI, an international consulting firm based in the United States, is currently accepting applications from candidates for a Communications, Specialist position in Jakarta to support the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan Project in Indonesia (APIK). APIK will support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
Objectives and Duties:
The Communications, Specialist will organize and producing documents on best practices, share lessons learned and successful climate change adaptation (CCA) and disaster risk reduction (DRR) implementation models drawn from its experience. The Specialist will work with the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, and Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to develop and present to USAID a detailed communications, outreach, and knowledge management strategy and plan. The Specialist will develop and disseminate communication materials on the successful integration of local and national strategies for CCA and DRR mainstreaming.
- The Communications, Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop the project’s communications materials, which also includesoutreach and knowledge management materials and plan.
- Engage with local and national media and utilize social media tools to raise awareness about climate change impacts and adaptation strategies in each targeted area, as well as publicize product launch events and sites.
- Work with technical experts to documented APIK best practices and methodologies, and share lessons learned with partners and other donor projects.
- Aggregate information from all offices for quarterly and annual reports, and produce pamphlets, brochures, videos, publicizing APIK’s achievements.
- Develop and disseminate communication materials on the successful integration of local and national strategies for CCA and DRR mainstreaming that are being employed by local governments, communities, and the private sector.
- Contribute inputs for bi-weekly, quarterly, and annual reports and project success stories as required by USAID
- Produce activity updates, newsletters, and performance reports, as needed.
- Produce compelling content on APIK project activities, including success stories and project results, to be posted on the APIK project website.
- Contribute inputs for bi-weekly, quarterly, and annual reports as required
- Five years of experience in communications, outreach, public relations, and knowledge management.
- Experience working on donor-funded projects focused on the environment, climate change mitigation or adaptation, and disaster risk reduction and preparedness.
- Experience developing communications and outreach strategy, including leveraging social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Degree in communication, journalism or other relevant field.
- Strong English writing abilities.
Base of Operations:
- The Communications, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Specialist will report to Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
Please send applications no later than 2 January 2017. Applicants are instructed to write “COKM Specialist – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.