Climate and Land Use Alliance Indonesia Job Vacancy: CLUA Associate, Jakarta
Climate and Land Use Alliance Indonesia
CLUA seeks an exceptional individual to support the grant making and grant portfolio management of the Indonesia Initiative of the Climate and Land Use Alliance (CLUA), under the supervision of the CLUA Indonesia Initiative Coordinator. The position will be based in Jakarta and will work closely with Indonesian grantees to develop and monitor projects to deliver results that contribute to the achievement of CLUA’s strategic objectives.
CLUA’s strategy supports implementation of international public and private sector policies that help reduce greenhouse gas emissions from land use, benefit indigenous peoples and rural local communities, and protect biodiversity and ecosystem services in focal geographies that include Brazil,Mexico, Central America, Indonesia, and beyond.
The CLUA Indonesia Initiative aims to contribute to achieving four inter-related strategic objectives:
- Public policies that affect land use promote low-emission development and deliver GHG emission reductions;
- Community rights to land are institutionalized, supported by increased local capacity, and contribute to GHG emission reductions and low emission development;
- Indonesia –based palm oil and pulp and paper industries and HTI plantations practices and corporate behavior improved to comply with their own NDPE commitments, move towards equitable low emission pathways, and responsible supply chains with higher levels of accountability, transparency and conformance to rule of law.
- Indonesian society embraces equitable low emission development and values forests and peatlands.
The CLUA Associate (CA) is a full time position that will report to the CLUA Indonesia Initiative Coordinator, based in Jakarta. The CA will also be a full member of the multi-foundation Initiative Team,and will work closely with CLUA’s Grants Manager, based at the Climate Works Foundation in San Francisco, California.
The CA will have at least  years’ experience working in the area of forests and land use change in Indonesia, and demonstrated ability to work with a range of stakeholders, including private sector, government, and non governmental organizations.
S/he will have worked effectively to manage complex projects, including monitoring outcomes and processes involving multiple institutions and individuals in a team arrangement, and bringing this analysis forward to guide decision-making.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The CA will have primary oversight over annual grants to numerous organizations, including thefollowing specific tasks:
- Development, proposals’ sharing, review, assessment and submission of grant proposals
- Provide guidance to grantees in the development of grant applications, as necessary
- Prepare and review CLUA’s internal grant-related documents
- Oversee grant development and compliance in collaboration with CLUA’s GrantsManager
- Analysis and approval of grant monitoring reports
- Carry out in person meetings as necessary, through site visits and participation in CLUAevents
- Convene discussion among partners and key influencers around specific issues and strengthen capacity for strategic collaboration and leadership
- Communicate with CLUA’s initiative teams to present proposals strategic fit, and discuss alignment and synergies between CLUA foundations
Secondary responsibilities include:
- Participate in updates to the Initiative strategy, strategic planning and team discussions, providing input and complementary analysis as necessary
- Engage in policy dialogues with various government agencies and other relevant stakeholders
- Provide input, when adequate, to CLUA Indonesia Coordinator in strategic opportunities for CLUA grant making
- Assist Initiative Coordinator in the development of Initiative-level annual planning and monitoring materials, as requested by the Initiative Coordinator
- Represent CLUA’s Indonesia Initiative externally and respond to priority organizational needs as determined by Indonesia Initiative Coordinator
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- A graduate level degree in a related field (or equivalent education and experience)
- Familiarity and experience working with grassroots, NGO, and multilateral institutions involved with tropical forests and land use
- Demonstrated success in project development, evaluation, and management,
- Intellectual agility and ability to analyze evidence, conduct research, think critically,and understand scientific and policy studies that are directly relevant to programmatic funding areas
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Proven experience effectively managing complex projects
- Initiative and capacity to sustain work, as well as set and complete tasks, with minimal direction
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, particularly one that is widely dispersed
- Demonstrated presentation skills
The following personal attributes are desired:
- Approachable demean or and openness to input from all levels of staff and grantees
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to listen to others and learn from their best ideas, share best practices and experiences, and contribute to a learning environment
- Impeccable integrity and trustworthiness, sense of humor, and diplomatic approach top roblem-solving
- Ability to proactively and consistently interact with others in a professional, courteous,and tactful manner, maintain a positive attitude and good working relationships, and work effectively in a team setting
- Ability to work well with colleagues, consultants, funders, and grantees across many diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Enjoys frequent travel
To be considered for this contract position, interested candidates must submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirement to [email protected] before January 17, 2018. We will be considering applications as they are received.
Lowongan Kerja ini diunggah oleh advocacy
, climate change
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag