Catholic Relief Services Job Vacancy: PEER Project Officer, Jakarta
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is a US – based humanitarian and development organization working in over 100 countries around the world to assist people victims of disasters, people in need and the disadvantaged regardless of race, belief or nationality. CRS has been supporting program activities in the Indonesia since 1957, and has long-standing relationships with Church and non-Church partners and communities throughout the country. The Indonesia country program has a diverse funding base with projects in food security and agricultural livelihoods, emergency response, preparedness for emergency program, capacity building program for partners, etc.
Preparing to Excel in Emergency Response (PEER) is a three-year project, started in 2016 and expected to end in 2018, implemented by Catholic Relief Services in Indonesia in partnership with Local Faith Institution (LFI) in Indonesia. The project activity focuses on training at both CRS and partner level, and accompaniment by CRS project team to the partners to support the training replication and facilitate other organizational level activities such as sub-recipient financial monitoring, to strengthen the program management.
CRS/Indonesia is currently hiring for PEER Project Officer to be based in Jakarta. This position will report to PEER Program Manager.
Serve as the overall officer for the PEER Capacity Strengthening program and support other ongoing emergency capacity strengthening programming for both CRS and partners. Ensure appropriate technical approaches and tools are applied by country programs and partners and that best MEAL practice are applied to clearly demonstrate impact. Ensure there is a clear link from the capacity strengthening and lessons learned to how CRS partners are actually putting together their preparedness and response plans and implementing them.
- Contribute to the design and review of the capacity strengthening program – partner assessment tools and process; in-person and online training materials, curriculums and plans; accompaniment practices; etc.
- Ensure effective coordination and communication between country program team members and key stakeholders involved in the program.
- Co-facilitate trainings, including training of trainers for PEER partners’ facilitators.
- Strongly engage with PEER partners in Indonesia both at national and branches level.
- Support socialization of CRS Partnership resources (including Institute for Capacity Strengthening resources) to PEER partners.
- Co-facilitating ER technical training and MEAL training.
- Support CRS and/or partner in designing and/or implementing emergency response activities as needed.
- Contribute to identifying other funding possibilities for the program and soliciting funding.
- Support PEER Program Manager in monitoring the PEER budget and expenses, and in the implementation of the PEER activity plan, focusing on achieving the right results, achieving results within particular timeframes, and maximizing efforts to demonstrate impact.
- Support the PEER Program Manager in the consolidation of PEER performance reporting as per the agreed upon schedule
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
- Work with Senior Project Officer – MEAL in the development and implementation of PEER project MEAL activities, and conduct regular monitoring to the PEER partners.
- Prepare documentation of learning agenda findings (publishable papers/articles, one-pagers, etc.) and coordinate the sharing of the findings.
- Ensure emergency training materials are uploaded onto an appropriate site (EFOM, ICS) with appropriate guidance for easy access to other CRS staff and partners.
- Contribute to coaching sessions formally and informally with PEER partner Project in coordination with PEER coordinator.
- Provide consistent technical and management support to PEER project partners.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Community Development, or any relevant course.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in emergency capacity building, ER/DRR, community development, mobilization and/or information management.
- Broad experience and strong skill in facilitating training.
- Experience in managing event of training, learning and coaching with partners.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Required Language: Good command of Bahasa Indonesia and English both oral and writing.
Only applications that meet the above qualifications will be shortlisted. All applications and CVs, should be sent by email to CRS Indonesia at [email protected] before or by 4th March 2018.
“Only short-listed candidates will be invited via e-mail/phone for Interview”
Lowongan Kerja ini diunggah oleh caritas
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag