Care International Job Vacancy: Capacity Building & Gender Specialist, North Jakarta
CARE International in Indonesia (CII), as an international NGO, has carried out large scale operations in Indonesia, encompassing emergency operations, transitional activities centered on agriculture and nutrition and a range of development initiatives in such areas as water and sanitation, health and enterprise & economic development.
CARE International in Indonesia at Head Quarter Office-Jakarta is currently recruiting the following position for its project:
JOB TITLE: CAPACITY BUILDING and GENDER SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO:EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS/RSPONSE & SAFETY and SECURITY MANAGER
BASE: NORTH JAKARTA
The Capacity Building and Gender Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the integration of gender into SIGAP (Strengthening Government’s Ability towards Disaster Preparedness) Project. This will be include ensuring good quality of activities; raising awareness of gender and inclusiveness; monitoring and evaluation; appropriate exchange with technical resources; close communication, coordination and involvement with local government stakeholders; sharing of information with local government counterparts; and responsible use of financial resources dedicated to this result. In particular to make every effort to ensure that the Project’s objectives/outputs are achieved to a high standard of quality according to the log frame and budget, within the contractedproject period and in compliance with national laws, donor regulations and CARE policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
S/he will serve as a leader and coordinator of the project team with the following responsibilities:
- Streamlining gender and inclusiveness in program design and implementation;
- Research and data capture, analysis and dissemination;
- Capacity building and others.
- Develop program strategy, design and work plan.
- Plan and organize the need assessment and analyze the result and develop report to support the programming and strategy. (joint need assessment is also possible to organize with other consortium members)
- Stakeholders and resources mapping
- Develop/revise and prepare existing training module that will be used in the program.
- Develop the monitoring framework to be applied in the project.
- Synchronize related activities (if needed) with the other consortium members in the field, to ensure better achievement of expected output.
- Conduct socialization, monitoring and evaluation activity to ensure harmonization, standardization and optimizing of any project activities.
- Provide coaching, monitoring and evaluation activity (Meeting/trainings, Action Plan and Lead Discussion Forum) to measure the project achievement, opportunity and help to overcome the challenges faced by the program.
- Prepare and submit narrative report in quarterly, semi-annual and final report.
- Facilitate the coordination meeting with all team.
- Pro-actively identify and communicate program opportunities and challenges for replication and/or scale.
- Supervise Project Officer and other team (if any) on the project structure.
- Liaise with respected government, NGOs and other stakeholder on the project implementation.
- Conduct any other duties that may reasonably be assigned in line with the position.
- University Degree in Gender studies, Development, Social Science or other relevant field;
- At least 5 years of experience managing complex projects and work with government agencies and building partnerships with NGOs or other civil society organizations that focus on gender issues;
- Experience in the development, implementation, and evaluation of a community-based project;
- Relevant knowledge and/or experience in disaster risk reduction, disaster preparedness and ICS
- Experience in participatory planning and review techniques;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and frequent communication which is critical for keeping the project moving, identifying potential problems, soliciting suggestions to improve project performance;
- An understanding of gender issues and gender-sensitive approach to programming;
- Capacity building, communication and facilitation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with little supervision;
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team in a cross cultural environment;
- Familiarity with CARE systems;
- Practical computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.);
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
TERMS OF OFFER
CARE is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment, and women candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone, fax numbers and email address). Relocation cost will not be covered. Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and Diplomas and state clearly the applied position title in the email subject.
Please submit your applications before December 21, 2017 to CARE International in Indonesia,
Human Resources Unit:
“Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted”
Lowongan Kerja ini diunggah oleh building
, yayasan cipta cara padu
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag